Contact: Chrisagis Brothers, 740-859-2344
RAYLAND, Ohio, July 30, 2015 /Christian Newswire/ -- Saturday Aug. 15th at 6:30pm at Rayland High School in Rayland, Ohio the who's who of Christian Music Hall of Fame will be gathering for a night of great music and Legends. These are the true pioneers who won Grammy and Dove awards and even one who won an Emmy for best musical score in a movie. Eight award winning and acclaimed artists from the past will be performing their hit songs in one night. This is a once in a lifetime experience which was the brain child of the Chrisagis Brothers who wanted to unite the churches for a night of worship.
The area always has singspirations from local people but the Chrisagis Brothers wanted to do something that has never been done... a motto that the brothers have always lived by is to think out of the box. Which is how the Chrisagis Brothers have basically run their ministry and have traveled the world with that belief along with doing a reality show pilot, a line of children's toys, and working with Hollywood stars and Musical legends that most folks would only dream of. The Brothers make things happen and live their dreams.
This dream is a reality bringing Eight Iconic Artists to Rayland, Ohio High School. Who wouldn't want to come see these amazing legends together in one night. It is like putting the secular Legends of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys, Barbara Streisand, Barry Manilow, Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton together for one night. And here's the list of Christian Artists the Brothers have put together for your enjoyment:
- John Schlitt - the ultimate Rocker who was part of the 80's Christian band Petra and won about 28 awards (both Grammy & Dove). His career is still as popular as ever. He is on tour constantly.
- Farrell & Farrell - the husband and wife team that reached a generation of youth with their techno sound and biting messages. Bob Farrell has won tons of Grammy and Dove awards for the music he wrote for Sandi Patty, Amy Grant, Michael English, Eric Clapton, Wynonna Judd and others. His musical, Savior, was performed at Carnegie Hall. Bob has been named one of Christian music's greatest writers. While Jayne, his wife, is traveling doing women's conferences and teaching folks on forgiveness and breaking the blood line curses off your life. Jayne also appeared in the Chrisagis Brothers' reality pilot.
- Steve Archer - the first real pretty boy to hit the scene in Christian music who became the heart-throb to young girls. He and his brother Tim and sister Janice formed the award winning group the Archers. They were the first Christian artists to cross over appearing on the Grammy's and Mike Douglas Show. Steve has won Grammy's and Dove awards for his Contemporary sound. He is back in studio working on a new CD.
- David Meece - one of the greatest performers ever in Christian music. He is a comic, a singer, a storyteller, a songwriter, and an award winning musician, his audiences will never want him to stop. David is a classical pianist who brings a contemporary sound. His song "We are the reason" has been recorded a record number of times. He has won Grammy, Dove and Emmy awards.
- Scott Wesley Brown - the John Denver of Christian Music. He has won Grammy and Dove Awards and has traveled all over the world. He is now a Pastor as well. His heart for ministry and missions are weaved within his heartfelt lyrics. He will close the evening with his song "I Wish You Jesus."
- Chuck Girard - before Chris Rice or Chris Tomlin there was the true worship of Chuck. His music broke through the hearts of the coldest of people. His music was sung in churches and has become staples in churches today. Chuck is a true pioneer of Jesus music and inspired all of the artists who are gathered for this event. He formed the group Love Song in the 70's and was a true fore-runner who won many awards along the way.
- Kelly Willard - this lady was one of the Maranatha Singers and when she sings you can hear a tear in her voice. She is a worshipper and an acclaimed pianist who has released over 9 records and has an incredible testimony. You will be touched by her life and her ministry. So come ready to worship.
There will also be tributes to a few legends who went on to be with the Lord: The Chrisagis Brothers will be performing a tribute to Rich Mullins, Julie Nickell will do a tribute to Dottie Rambo, Jeff Garrison will be performing a tribute to Keith Green, Eric Dean and the Ohio Valley Christian Center Praise Team will pay tribute to Andrae Crouch, and Becki Hedrick will tribute Larry Norman. Award winning male vocalist Russ Taff will be on video welcoming everyone to event and advertising his big Christmas concert with the Chrisagis Brothers. Dusty Wells from Word records will be there along with Stephen Swisher from Kenneth Copeland ministries will host the event with the Chrisagis Brothers.
This is a Chrisagis Brothers Ministry event sponsored by John Bashline, Stephen Swisher ministries, Nancy Stewart, Rock Ages Monuments, Margie Kasper Zellars, Sharon Barr, Pastors Gary and Kathy King of Tiltonsville Tabernacle, Ohio Valley Christian Center in Wheeling, and Zambito Family Dentistry, New Day Christian Center in Wellsburg, along with the Chrisagis Brothers ministry partners.
Each artist will be performing at a local church on Sunday.
For tickets or more info you can call the Chrisagis Brothers Office: at 740-859-2344 or log onto: chrisagisbrothersministries.org.