- VidAngel's 'The Chosen' is First-Ever Worldwide Launch of a Streaming TV Series via its Own App
- Downloaded and Streaming in 142 Countries
- Being Translated into 52 languages
- #1 Crowdfunded Entertainment Project in History
- First-Ever Multi-Season TV Show about Jesus
- Official Trailer Now Available
NEWS PROVIDED BY
Dec. 10, 2019
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 10, 2019 /Christian Newswire/ -- VidAngel, the market-leading streaming company making entertainment good for your home—both through its top-rated original content and through its filtering technology empowering families to skip unacceptable scenes and sounds on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Starz, Showtime, and HBO—is announcing the official release of The Chosen: Season One. The 8-episode first season tells the stories of characters in the Gospels who encountered Jesus, and were changed forever.
"Two years ago, we embarked on a journey to create the first multi-season series about Jesus and broke the all-time crowdfunding record for a media project. Seeing the investor support, the completed season one and reactions to the series from around the globe, we've come to realize this is the start of something very, very special. So we've raised our sights to pursue an ambitious multi-year strategy to make The Chosen bigger than the Game of Thrones billion-view record," said Neal Harmon, CEO of VidAngel. "After a couple of years of testing, and a bit of inspiration, our new app has a special feature called Pay It Forward in which you can send the series to other people around the world. Using this feature, together, we can help make The Chosen become the most watched global series in history."
- The Chosen is #1 crowdfunded media project in history and the first-ever streaming TV series released globally all at one time on its own app.
- The Chosen raised over $10 million from over 16,000 investors to be created.
- The Chosen has been downloaded and streamed in over 142 countries.
- The Chosen has been viewed nearly 1.5 million times in BETA testing.
- The Chosen app has been downloaded nearly 256k times in BETA testing.
- The Chosen is currently being translated into 52 languages.
How to Watch
- The Chosen: Season One is available for streaming via The Chosen app on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
- The Chosen: Season One is also available for purchase on DVD and Blu-Ray at TheChosen.tv
- The Chosen is available in English and also in a dubbed Spanish version with more translations pending.
- The Chosen app is compatible with AppleTV, Google Chromecast, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and Samsung Smart TV.
The Chosen is the #1 crowdfunded media project in entertainment history and the first multi-season show about the life of Christ. In late 2017, The Chosen Productions, partnering with distributor VidAngel, released a concept pilot (The Shepherd) in social media to gauge potential public interest in The Chosen. After that video was seen by more than 20 million people around the world, Director Dallas Jenkins (WHAT IF?, MIDNIGHT CLEAR, THE RESURRECTION OF GAVIN STONE) led a long, social media campaign to share his vision, asking people to back the creation of the first-ever multi-season series about Christ. After raising more than $10 million from 16,000 investors, The Chosen became fully-funded, and is now releasing its first full season to the world in time for the Christmas Season.
VidAngel is the market-leading entertainment company making entertainment good for your home. It’s top-rated original series Dry Bar Comedy and The Chosen have earned wide acclaim from critics and audiences alike. VidAngel's signature filtering technology—empowering families to filter language, nudity, violence, and other content from movies and TV shows streaming on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO—is available on modern devices such as iOS, Android, ROKU, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV and continues to be popular with parents and families.
CONTACT: Press@VidAngel.com, 323-379-5180