Relics of Christ's Passion to be Presented at Colorado Churches in Celebration of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy
Contact: Denise Serafini, Apostolate for Holy Relics, 860-496-0648
DENVER, May 16, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- Eight rare Relics of the Passion, with a unique musical and meditative program focused on the Passion of Christ, will be presented at ten Catholic churches across the greater Denver and Colorado Springs area. The event, designed to connect participants to the roots of their faith, is sponsored by the churches where the relics will be presented in collaboration with the Apostolate for Holy Relics (AHR), an organization founded 10 years ago in Los Angeles.
It's very rare to see a group of related holy relics all in one place as is presented in this program. Collections such as this are generally seen only in Rome or the Holy Land and is something that most people only get to see once in a lifetime.
The documents for these relics have been reviewed and authenticated prior to the commencement of the first tour in 2007. Since then, they have been venerated in more than twelve archdioceses and 9 dioceses throughout the world. Because of the Holy Father's declaration of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy, the AHR is pleased to be presenting this extraordinary collection at area churches as part of a nationwide tour promoting God's Mercy.
The Relics of the Passion collection includes:
- A piece of the True Cross, which was discovered by St. Helena
- A piece of the Holy Table from the room where the Last Supper took place
- A piece of the Column of Flagellation
- A piece of The Crown of Thorns
- A replica of the Holy Nail, fashioned using filings from the true nails, making it a relic of a lesser class.
- A relic from the head of St. Longinus, the centurion who pierced the side of Christ
- A picture of (the effigy of) the Veil of Veronica touched to the original with a Vatican seal attesting to the fact.
- A piece of the exterior wrapping for the Shroud of Turin
Schedule of events:
Presentations in Colorado begin in Denver on Sunday, May 22, continuing through Tuesday, May 31. The complete schedule of events for Catholic churches in Colorado can be found at www.relictour.com/year-of-mercy-events.
Additional information regarding the AHR can be found at www.relictour.com.