Opponents of Traditional Marriage Engage in More Dirty Tricks; Supporters Create a YouTube Video
Contact: Chip White, ProtectMarriage.com, 916-446-2587, 916-215-4392 cell, email@example.com
SACRAMENTO, October 17 /Christian Newswire/ -- Thefts, vandalism, and harassment of Prop. 8 supporters continues. Some enthusiastic volunteers for Prop. 8 have created a YouTube video of signs defaced and mangled by No on 8 forces, even though the No on 8 campaign claims to be one of tolerance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjkKqjkq1r4.
Many opponents of Prop. 8 are stealing only the plastic bags that slip over the metal frames for the signs. Because so many Yes on 8 signs have been stolen, ProtectMarriage.com has had to order 50,000 plastic bags to replace ones that have been stolen.
• During the night someone took down a supporters' Yes on 8 yard sign and tacked the sign up by the front door, and defaced it. Similar messages were written on their sidewalk. Police were notified and a police report was filed.
Huntington Beach / Fountain Valley
• Numerous Yes on 8 signs have been slashed, torn, ripped, defaced, and stolen. At least two Prop. 8 supporters have created enclosed plexiglass frames (with 6-foot deep 4x4 anchors) to enclose and secure their frames.
• 200 signs were posted over this last weekend in one neighborhood, and now only 10% are left.
• A Yes on 8 sign was defaced with writing: "no…gay pride west Hollywood."
LOS ANGELES COUNTY
• On Sunday a Yes on 8 bumper sticker was put on a supporters car, and on Tuesday while they were in a local store for only 2-5 minutes someone vandalized their car, peeled off the bumper sticker and then keyed the entire length of their car.
• Yes on 8 supporters have put signs in their yard three different times and two of them have been stolen. The same supporters received permission from businesses to put up about 100 signs, which were stolen within 2 two days.
A tenant placed Yes on 8 signs in the front yard of the apartments, amongst No on 8 signs. The Yes signs were ripped up and thrown in the dumpster.
SAN LOUIS OBISPO
• Supporters of Prop. 8 are victims of having bricks thrown. A brick was thrown through the front window of an elderly couple's home, as well as through the front window of a car.
SAN DIEGO COUNTY
• Three arrests were made Monday evening when three men were caught stealing Yes on 8 signs.
• Yes on 8 sign was defaced with the word "bigot."
• A Yes on 8 supporter put sign up on Saturday; it was gone by Sunday. She replaced it on Sunday; it was gone by Tuesday. Neighbors with Yes on 8 signs had them stolen as well.
• A San Jose woman who is a supporter of Prop. 8, and drives 100 miles every day for work has witnessed an orchestrated effort to remove and destroy Yes on 8 signs throughout the South Bay, and East Bay.
• A Prop. 8 supporter reported all fifteen signs taken down from their residence; other signs were reported stolen from the area.
915 L Street, # C-259, Sacramento, CA 95814
For more information, visit www.ProtectMarriage.com.
Paid for by ProtectMarriage.com -- Yes on 8, a project of California Renewal. 915 L Street, #C-259, Sacramento, CA 95814. 916-446-2956. Major funding by Knights of Columbus, National Organization for Marriage California Committee and Focus on the Family.