Joining Hands and Hearts to Heal Racial Strife, United Cry DC16 Invites Pastors to Pray for America April 9 at Lincoln Memorial
United Cry DC16
Saturday April 9, 2016
9:00 am – 4 pm. Lincoln Memorial
Contact: Lynn Scarborough, 469-951-7051, Lynn4media@gmail.com; Dianne Rogers, 615-400-3134, Dianne@BrimstoneServices.com
WASHINGTON, April 6, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- United Cry DC16 is a nationwide gathering of pastors, Christian leaders, churches and believers joining to pray and contend for America's future on April 9th, 2016 at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. The goals of the 7 hour event are to:
- Pray for God to bring healing to America through repentance of national issues of racism, division and shedding of innocent blood
- Build unity as recognize the role of the church in allowing prejudice to cause division.
- Encourage pastors and churches to be leaders in prayer, brotherhood, social and community transformation.
United Cry DC16 is the first national prayer event dedicated to encouraging pastors. The objective is to reach 30,000 pastors through the event, radio, live streaming, and TV.
United Cry DC16 is nonsectarian, multi-denominational, multi-ethnic convergence of pastors and believers.
Prayer in America is exploding. In 2016 there are a record number of large national events, Houses of Prayer with 24/7 worship and record breaking number of sales of prayer books, journals, and movies.
Over 70 leaders are involved including: Jim Garlow, Harry Jackson, Anne Graham Lotz, Jonathan Cahn, Gen. Boykin, Sammy Rodriguez, Tony Perkins, Tom Mullins, Alveda King, George Wood, Larry Tomzcak, Paul Cole, EW Jackson, Doug Stringer and more. (See EventMobi.com/ UnitedCry for full list/bios.)
- Repentance for Wounds of Slavery and Racism- With King Family members and hosted The Reconciled Church Initiative
a. Remembering the Dream of Martin Luther King – Bishop Harry Jackson
b. Racial reconciliation and "foot washing" with King and Alex Haley families
c. Honoring leaders with "Defender of the Dream" stoles/mantles.
d. Redemption – Prayer Kettle Story – Prayers that changed history
- Azusa Revival - Healing Found and Unity Discarded
Sunday morning is the most divided time of the week and to heal racism the church must address it. The Azusa Street Revival melted racial lines but prejudice caused a split. For the first time, the Leaders of these denominations will repent for the racial division caused by church forefathers.
- Bridge of Prayer, to Azusa Now in LA Coliseum, simulicast prayer coast to coast
- Anne Graham Lotz, The Daniel Prayer – Touching Heaven and Moving Earth
- Black Robed Regiment Dramatization – Courage/impact of Revolutionary War pastors
- Leadership Exhortations with General Boykin, Ronny Floyd, Paul Cole, and others.
- Bridge of Prayer to Jerusalem, live prayer with pastors, Jonathan Cahn and Michael Brown
All Christian pastors, leaders, and believers are invited to join national Christian leaders to lift a United Cry at this historic gathering, April 9, 2016, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm at the Lincoln Memorial, Washington, D.C. The event is free but registration requested. Register now at UnitedCry.com.
More info: United Cry -- EventMobi.com/UnitedCry
For media interviews contact Lynn Scarborough (469)951.7051 Lynn4media@gmail.com or
Dianne Rogers, 615 400-3134, Dianne@BrimstoneServices.com,
Follow United Cry on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
UnitedCry DC16 will be live on radio, TV and the internet, find listings on website.