Contact: Rick Dack, 763-913-0351
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn., March 23, 2016 /Christian Newswire/ -- "There are two possibilities with regard to the body of Jesus, leaving aside the Christian stories which say what should have been done. One (is) that the body would've been left on the cross after it was decomposed or eaten by the wild beasts, by dogs or the crows. That is what the Romans would've done left to themselves. Two, if he was buried, are we dealing with some shallow grave? And then we have to imagine the real supreme horror of the crucifixion - the prowling dogs," stated John Dominic Crossan (The Execution of Jesus, Mysteries of the Bible/A&E/History Channel, 1998).
For decades atheistic cable networks have excelled at spreading Bible myths for viewers/ratings. Why no rebuttal from the church? Most Pastors rarely present scriptural/archaeological defense information to their congregation's because they aren't equipped with the right information. That's why weekly church apologetics classes like the "Biographies of the Bible" are so desperately needed, stated Rick Dack of Defending the Bible International (www.defendingthebible.com).
Was Jesus eaten by wild dogs and other animals? It's true that many Roman crucifixion victims were kept on crosses and devoured but it's also true that Jewish law strictly forbade bodies to be left on crosses (Deuteronomy 21:22-23). "The Jewish historian Josephus wrote, "...that the Jews used to take so much care of the burial of men, that they took down those that were condemned and crucified, and buried them before the going down of the sun" (Jewish War 4) and yet you won't hear this explanation on television because the cable networks aren't interested in the truths of history but the stirring of controversies for viewer-ship," stated Rick Dack of Defending The Bible International (www.defendingthebible.com).
Other Easter media myths you may encounter in 2016…
- Jesus was shocked about his upcoming death during the Last Supper (The Bible: The Epic Miniseries, History Channel).
- Jesus thought he was going to die at Gethsemane (Peter Jennings reporting: The Search for Jesus, ABC).
- Satan, not an angel, visited Jesus at Gethsemane (Jesus, CBS).
- Barabbas' release by Pontius Pilate is fiction (The Execution of Jesus, A&E / History Channel).
- Jesus' words from the cross are unknown (Bill O'Reilly's "Killing Jesus").
- Jesus vanished from the cross (Jesus: The Complete Story, BBC/Discovery Channel).
- Jesus was placed in the wrong tomb (Secrets of the Dead, PBS).
- Jesus was drugged by the Romans to appear dead (Jesus: The Complete Story).
Has your Pastor and Principal provided an apologetic defense of the scriptures? If not, your church and school needs to invite Defending the Bible Int'l. This ministry's "Biographies of the Bible" classes and presentations supply all of the answers you will ever need in defense of the scriptures. These classes also include 3D animations of Bible sites, Hollywood stories of faith, archaeological biographies of Bible characters and more. Check out www.defendingthebible.com for class information on over thirty topics including Adam and Eve, Noah's Ark, David and Goliath, Daniel, the Nativity, the Resurrection, Acts and more!