UNC-Chapel Hill Publicly Disassociates from Rush Limbaugh But Pays $18,500 in Speaker Fees to Hateful Homosexual Cyber-Bully Dan Savage
Contact: Peter LaBarbera, Americans For Truth About Homosexuality-North Carolina, 919-561-7993, [email protected]
RALEIGH, N.C., March 27, 2012 /Christian Newswire/ -- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill paid $18,5000 to homosexual activist Dan Savage -- creator of a vile hate-site "re-defining" Rick Santorum's last name as the by-product of anal sex -- as a guest speaker, just weeks before publicly disassociating from Rush Limbaugh over Rush's "offensive statements" about Sandra Fluke.
Last week, UNC-Chapel Hill announced that it was banning a local "Rush Radio" station, WRDU, from mentioning Limbaugh's show during broadcasts of Tar Heel basketball and football games. The university, citing Rush's "rude, inappropriate and offensive statements" about Fluke, also prohibits WRDU from referencing UNC or the Tar Heel Sports Network during Limbaugh's daily talk show.
Americans For Truth has written UNC-Chapel Hill officials to ask how they can justify paying a large sum to Savage, who once wished death on all Republicans and who regularly and crudely demonizes religious conservatives. AFTAH also asked UNC to repudiate Savage for his "offensive statements," and invite a pro-family speaker to campus specifically to balance his appearance.
The following typifies Savage's unique brand of conservative-Christian-bashing hate:
- Savage said on HBO that he "wished [Republicans] were all [f--king] dead" (he later apologized).
- Savage's creation "Santorum[dot] com" (and "SpreadingSantorum[dot]com") "re-define" Santorum's surname as follows: "San-TOR-um, n. The frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the by-product of anal sex."
- In contrast to Limbaugh, who quickly apologized for his remarks about Fluke, when AFTAH's President Peter LaBarbera asked Savage to take down "Santorum[dot]com," he responded: "I'm asking Peter LaBarbera to go [f- -k] himself."
- Savage mocked the pope as "the dope in Rome;"
- So consumed was Savage with hatred for then-GOP presidential candidate Gary Bauer that he traveled to Iowa to pose as a Bauer volunteer, then got sick himself and began licking campaign office doorknobs, staplers, etc., in an attempt to give Bauer a cold.
AFTAH also condemns Savage, a raunchy sex columnist, for his reckless sexual advice, which includes urging married couples to allow outside sex. AFTAH urges MTV to cancel "Savage U," a new TV program featuring Savage debuting April 3 -- so as not to reward him for his cyber-bullying against Santorum and history of hateful acts against Christian conservatives.