World Congress of Families (WCF) Announces Additional Musical Talent Who Will Perform During WCF IX
SALT LAKE CITY, Oct. 26, 2015 /Christian Newswire
/ -- The World Congress of Families today released the names of additional musical talent who will perform at World Congress of Families IX at the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City October 27-30.
"Not only do we have a full schedule of prominent speakers and presenters, we also have world-class talent who have agreed to entertain those who attend this historic Congress during special events and at the beginning of some of our sessions," said Janice Shaw Crouse, a member of the Board of Directors of WCF and Executive Director of the World Congress on Families IX.
The new round of announced performers include:
· Jenny Oaks Baker, a Grammy nominated American violinist who will perform "Love is Spoken Here" during the opening plenary with her children Laura Baker, Violin; Hannah Baker, Piano; and Matthew Baker, guitar.
· Nathan Osmond (country recording artist and nephew of Donnie and Marie Osmond) and Jess Funk will perform "The Prayer" at the opening plenary.
· Peggy Wheelwright, violinist with accompanist Merrilee Webb will perform at various VIP receptions.
· The Playbill Trio, Olivet Nazarene University: Luke Olney, Piano, Amber Leffel, and Wesley Taylor will perform at the Sutherland 20th Anniversary Dinner Celebration.
· StickShift, a cowboy country bluegrass band, will perform during Stephanie Nielson's meet and greet.
· Betty Shearer, a contralto/mezzo soprano has performed with renowned choral ensembles including the Lexington Singers, the Delta State Choral Union, the Bach Ensemble. In Vienna, Austria she was the featured soloist with the Coast Chorale of Mississippi's Gulf Coast. She will sing "Amazing Grace," during the closing ceremony.
· Salt Lake City's Mass Choir, under the direction of Timothy Drisdom, will sing the closing number at the final plenary session. The Mass Choir is a multicultural community choir made up of members from 15 local churches.
The World Congress of Families (WCF) is the largest gathering of pro-family advocates in the world. WCF IX will seek to provide sound scholarship and effective strategies, and it will mobilize intellectual and advocacy resources to affirm and defend the natural family as the fundamental and only sustainable unit of a free society.
World Congress of Families IX will be held from October 27-30, 2015 in Salt Lake City. For more information, please visit wcf9.org
or follow WCF on Facebook
, and Instagram