20 diverse lectures on latest finds and in-depth research
NEWS PROVIDED BY
Biblical Archaeology Society
Oct. 5, 2021
WASHINGTON, Oct. 5, 2021 /Christian Newswire/ -- The Biblical Archaeology Society, publisher of Biblical Archaeology Review (BAR) magazine, will host its signature event online this fall. The 24th Annual Bible and Archaeology Fest on October 16–17, 2021 offers live talks from leading Bible scholars and archaeologists from around the world via Zoom. Paid participants can enjoy a weekend of accessible, online learning with 20 experts in the field.
This year's plenary lecture will feature esteemed scholar and popular author Bart Ehrman from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, speaking on "The Book of Revelation and the Dark Side of Christianity." Attendees can enjoy a discussion panel, moderated by BAR Editor Glenn Corbett, with top archaeologists and heritage experts Morag Kersel of DePaul University and Andy Vaughn of the American Society of Overseas Research.
Other top scholars presenting this year:
- MARC BRETTLER, Duke University
- AARON A. BURKE, University of California, Los Angeles
- KEVIN BURRELL, Burman University, Canada
- ERIN & ROBERT DARBY, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- JENNIE EBELING, University of Evansville
- CYNTHIA SHAFER-ELLIOTT, William Jessup University
- MARK FAIRCHILD, Huntington University
- MARK GOODACRE, Duke University
- RACHEL HALLOTE, Purchase College SUNY
- RALPH HAWKINS, Averett University
- AHMAD AL-JALLAD, Ohio State University
- ANN KILLEBREW, Pennsylvania State University
- AMY-JILL LEVINE, Hartford Seminary
- AREN MAEIR, Bar-Ilan University
- LAURA NASRALLAH, Yale University
- R. STEVEN NOTLEY, Nyack College
- JAMES TABOR, University of North Carolina, Charlotte
- JOE UZIEL, Israel Antiquities Authority
- MARK WILSON, Asia Minor Resource Center
The Biblical Archaeology Society is an independent, nonprofit educational organization dedicated to bridging the information gap between the academic study of the archaeology of the Bible and a broader, interested worldwide audience.
Bible and Archaeology Fest is the flagship event of the Biblical Archaeology Society. For two dozen years, scholars and dedicated enthusiasts have come to Fest to immerse themselves in the latest finds, scholarship, and discussions of the Bible and archaeology. Registration for this virtual event is $199. The student rate is $99. Register today at www.biblicalarchaeology.org/fest24.
SOURCE Biblical Archaeology Society
CONTACT: Alicia Bregon, 202-364-3300 ext. 216,