Contact: Randall Terry, 904-687-9806
FRONT ROYAL, Va., Aug. 22, 2014 /Christian Newswire/ -- The Pro-life community has lost a dedicated warrior for the unborn, George Offerman, age 53.
George was a professional psychotherapist, who helped hundreds of weary souls that sought his help.
George wrote scores of blogs in defense of the unborn, calling on Christians to leave their comfortable surroundings, to fight for the unborn, and to create the "social tension" needed to bring this holocaust to an end.
In 2009, George won the "Blogger of the Year" award from American Life League.
George Offerman, however, was more than a man of words; he was a man of action. For example:
- George was a consistent presence at the abortion mill in Falls Church Virginia, where he witnessed to pregnant mothers as they entered the facility to kill their babies…Saturday after Saturday after Saturday, month after month, year after year.
- George was arrested for distributing pro-life Catholic literature at the parking lot of the Northern Virginia Diocese Catholic Cathedral in 2008. He told fellow Catholics that it was a sin to vote for Barak Obama, because Obama promoted the murder of unborn babies. He was right, but sadly, he was arrested for his actions.
- In Early 2009, George and his wife Kathy travelled to Rome at their own expense with 10 other pro-lifers, to meet with Cardinal Burke and other Vatican Prelates, begging them to instruct American Catholic Bishops to deny Holy Communion to Catholic politicians who supported the murder of babies by abortion.
- George was arrested with Dr. Alan Keyes in Notre Dame in 2009, protesting against Obama's speech at Notre Dame's commencement that year, thus becoming a part of the notable "Notre Dame 88." (All charges were later dropped.)
- George supported his wife Kathy and sacrificed his time throughout 2012, when she purchased television ads for a dozen pro-life candidates who ran for various federal offices. Those ads showed aborted babies, and were seen in over 30 states, and garnered extensive local and national media coverage.
- George and Kathy participated in many press conferences, protests, and demonstrations for the unborn in Washington DC.
On Saturday, August 16, George Offerman was killed in a tragic automobile accident in Maryland.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be held on Saturday, August 23, at 1:00 p.m. at St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church. Burial will follow in Prospect Hill Cemetery.
The family will receive friends on Friday, August 22 from 2:00-4:00 p.m. and from 7:00-9:00 p.m. at Maddox Funeral Home in Front Royal.
He is survived by his wife Kathy, and his three adult children from his first marriage; Matthew, Faith, and Grace.
"George Offerman's untimely death is a supreme tragedy for his family, and a great loss to the unborn babies he defended, his friends, and the prolife community. He will be sorely missed. May God grant him the joy of life eternal." -- Randall Terry, Founder, Operation Rescue