AFTAH Stands with Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson Against GLAAD's 'Homo-Fascist' Campaign to Demonize Him
Warning: some graphic descriptions
Contact: Peter LaBarbera, Americans For Truth About Homosexuality, 312-324-3787, email@example.com
CHICAGO, Dec. 19, 2013 /Christian Newswire/ -- Americans For Truth About Homosexuality (AFTAH) President Peter LaBarbera urges Americans to stand behind Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson's right to free speech -- and affirmed his common-sense views on sexual sin and morality as being consistent with historic Christian and biblical teachings. LaBarbera condemned A&E for "caving in to the anti-Christian homo-fascism of GLAAD" (formerly the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) by suspending Robertson.
"There's far more truth and wisdom in what Phil Robertson told GQ than in the everyday pro-'gay' pablum that is pumped out daily by the liberal media," LaBarbera said. "Indeed, male homosexual anal sex is not just repulsive and wrong, but highly dangerous -- contributing to the disproportional link between 'men who have sex with men' and HIV and other sexually-transmitted diseases (see below).
"More importantly for the souls of homosexuals, Robertson is exactly right to paraphrase 1 Corinthians chapter 6 in warning that proud homosexuals (like other unrepentant sinners) will not go to heaven, and that we're living in a culture in which 'Everything is blurred on what's right and what's wrong...Sin becomes fine,'" LaBarbera said. "But like all faithful Christians, as a forgiven sinner himself Robertson knows that Jesus Christ in His grace and divine power can help homosexual men and women leave that sinful lifestyle behind."
LaBarbera made the following additional points about the Phil Robertson story:
- BIBLE AGREES WITH ROBERTSON: Politically incorrect as it may be and offensive to secularists, the Bible confirms Robertson's association of homosexual misbehavior with other egregious sexual sins: in the Old Testament Book of Leviticus (chapter 20), the condemnation homosexuality is grouped in between proscriptions against adultery, bestiality, and incest [for more on this see Bible-and-homosexuality scholar Robert Gagnon's superb site, www.RobGagnon.net].
- GLAAD STIFLES DEBATE: GLAAD, the homosexual pressure group in the forefront of attacking Robertson, has a long history of attempting to shut down speech critical of homosexuality -- and demonizing as "haters, bigots and homophobes" those (usually Christians) who speak out against homosexualism or affirm the truth that homosexuals can change and leave the lifestyle. GLAAD regularly lobbies the media to shun conservatives on the homosexual issue -- e.g., its 2010 pressure campaign targeting CNN for including ex-"gay" therapist Richard Cohen in a debate segment on homosexuality.
- MEDIA DOUBLE STANDARD: Why is it that pro-family, Christian conservatives like Robertson invariably become the targets of the politically correct media -- while vicious and vulgar homosexual activists like Dan Savage are free to spew the most vile hatred imaginable with barely any critical media glare? Phil Robertson is suspended while Dan Savage -- who infamously "re-defined" Rick Santorum's last name as a by-product of anal sodomy, and joked that to control overpopulation "abortion should be mandatory for about 30 years" -- is a liberal media hero. (In fact, Savage, far from being punished for his malicious barbs and antics, was rewarded with his own show on MTV.)
- HOMOSEXUAL HEALTH RISKS: If Americans were to come to understand how truly dangerous homosexual anal sex is, they would demand a full-scale government-corporate campaign to discourage it -- especially among young men. For example, the CDC recently reported that 94-95 percent of HIV cases among young men (13-24) in 2011 were linked to homosexual sex. In his book "The Ins and Outs of Gay Sex," homosexual Dr. Stephen Goldstone compares the active role in homosexual rectal sex to a "battering ram:" "An anal tear can occur during the initial phase of anal sex precisely because your partner pushes his penis through a closed sphincter. Think of his penis as a battering ram, one for which your internal sphincter is no match." Goldstone also writes that the "anus is the highest place risk for STDs." (The "gay" doctor urges condom use, but many homosexual men shun condoms -- as evidenced by the widespread availability of condomless, gay "barebacking" pornography in homosexual Meccas like San Francisco.) Another homosexual activist, Jack Hart, writes that "some practices common among gays -- especially rimming [oral-anal "sex"] and anal intercourse -- are highly efficient ways of transmitting disease."
- SEXUALLY IMMORAL SLIPPER SLOPE: Robertson was correct again on the slippery slope of sexual immorality: "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men," he told GQ. Look what has paralleled the advance of proud homosexuality in our nation: greater sexual permissiveness (fornication) in general and growing disrespect for marriage in our "hook-up" culture; the porn-fed promotion of heterosexual anal sex, bringing a new threat to women; websites like "Ashley Madison" that actually facilitate adultery; and an explosion of "transgender rights" that shockingly encourages gender-confused boys to identify as girls and use female restrooms and locker rooms in schools.
- LEFT "JUDGES" FAITHFUL CHRISTIANS: Lastly, Bible-believing Christians are sick and tired of liberal, pro-homosexual advocates (including the Religious Left) telling us how Christians are supposed to believe and speak. Last night on Fox News' "The Kelly File," a liberal, Jewish, Democratic activist informed viewers that Christians should not "judge" -- even as he used his appearance on Fox to JUDGE and condemn Phil Robertson.
LaBarbera concluded: "Homosexual behavior is wrong, unnatural, often high-risk, but thankfully, changeable -- as testified to by the redeemed lives of formerly "gay" men like Michael Glatze and ex-lesbian women like Yvette Cantu Schneider who have overcome homosexuality through faith in Jesus Christ. The Homosexual Lobby in America has morphed into an intolerant and 'vengeful' 'monster in our midst' -- to quote British historian Paul Johnson in describing the growth of homosexual power in the U.K. [see full Johnson passage HERE]. Christians and moral-minded Americans must rally behind Phil Robertson, condemn the homo-fascist 'Gay Thought Police' led by GLAAD who regularly pressure the media into silencing moral speech, and demand that an energetic and civil debate on homosexuality be allowed to flourish in this land we call free."