Contact: Deborah Hamilton, 215-815-7716, 610-584-1096, firstname.lastname@example.org
WASHINGTON, Aug. 25, 2014 /Christian Newswire/ -- Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays & Gays (PFOX, www.pfox.org), a non-profit organization serving families and the ex-gay community, is offering a special early-bird rate for those who register through Sept. 1 for its second annual Ex-Gay Awareness Month Conference in Washington, D.C. on October 3-4, 2014.
Early-bird tickets are $89 through Labor Day and $99 after Sept. 1. Lobbying on Capitol Hill takes place the first day of the conference. A lobbying training seminar will be offered on Friday morning.
The all-day conference and luncheon on Oct. 4 will celebrate the lives of individuals who have left the homosexual lifestyle and will include a panel discussion led by PFOX Executive Director, Regina Griggs.
"Our second annual conference is sure to raise awareness about the serious issues that ex-gays face," Griggs said. "We look forward to honoring our ex-gays and their families. We also welcome the families and friends of those living homosexually who support the ex-gay message that change is possible."
Scheduled speakers include:
- Alan Keyes, former ambassador, presidential candidate
- Sandy Rios, Director of Government Relations for American Family Radio Talk, AFA Radio Host; Vice President, Family Pac Federal
- Matt Barber, Vice President, Liberty Counsel; founder, BarbWire.com
- Peter Sprigg, Senior Fellow for Policy Studies, Family Research Council
- Jayson Graves, Clinical Director, Healing for the Soul
- Greg Quinlan, Past President, PFOX
- Regina Griggs, Executive Director, PFOX
- Denise Shick, author, speaker, Executive Director, Help 4 Families
- Christopher Doyle, President, Voice of the Voiceless
For more information on the conference, visit pfox.org/the-second-annual-ex-gay-awareness-month, call (804) 453-4737 or email email@example.com.
PFOX is a national non-profit organization that supports families and educates the public on sexual orientation and the ex-gay community.
PFOX believes that every person seeking positive life change needs and deserves the love and support of friends, family, the community and the church and strives to offer a place for help, a place for truth, and a place for the ex-gay to participate in the conversation about same-sex attraction.
PFOX families love their homosexual child unconditionally, believing that true love is granted in spite of our differences by treating each other with kindness and respect.
Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays & Gays is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to support families and educate the public on sexual orientation and the ex-gay community.