We are the most effective way to get your press release into the hands of reporters and news producers. Check out our client list.


    | | | |

Burger King Boycott Ends
 
NEW YORK, Aug. 17, 2018 /Christian Newswire/ -- Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on the league's boycott of Burger King:
     
    The boycott of Burger King is over.

    I called for a boycott two weeks ago, restated again last week, when Burger King continued to advertise on Samantha Bee's TBS show, "Full Frontal." Many other companies that had advertised on this offensive show—she attacks Catholics and women—pulled their sponsorship when requested to do so. Now Burger King joins their ranks.

    José Cil, the president of Burger King, was not made aware of our protest until yesterday. When he learned of our concerns, he said, "our advertising plan never targeted this show in particular," conceding that a "small number of our television ads have appeared." The good news is that he said, "we won't be advertising with this show going forward."

    Thanks to everyone who emailed Mr. Cil. And many thanks to him for stepping up and doing the right thing.